- is your home too cold in Winter?
- too hot in Summer?
- do you spend too much on fuel and energy?
- wish you could do more to stop climate change?
The average home wastes energy worth £250 every year. We give advice to homeowners and private tenants on energy efficiency and grants. By insulating your home you can reduce your energy bills and improve your comfort. You'll also be helping to combat climate change by reducing the energy you use.
Through the government's Carbon Emissions Reduction Target substantial grants are available from energy suppliers to everyone for energy efficiency measures, meaning most people in South East Wales will only pay £149 for cavity wall or loft insulation.
For residents over 70, in receipt of certain qualifying benefits, disability allowances, tax credits or pension credit, insulation will likely be free. In these cases there is also sometimes assistance available for heating repairs where the system is completely broken or even new central heating where none exists.
Look at our grants page or call us on 0800 622 6110 to find out how we may be able to help you.
The South East Wales Energy Advice Centre offers:
- advice on domestic energy matters
- grants for cavity wall insulation
- grants for loft insulation
- attendance at events promoting energy efficiency
- projects in conjunction with local authorities and energy suppliers
For more information call 0800 622 6110 or e-mail us.